Information That We Collect
We only collect information we believe helps us understand our clients, prospects and partners, and the effectiveness of our message. This information is limited to:
• Statistics, metrics and patterns of behavior regarding your use of this website. We monitor the number of visits, the time on pages, the order in which you navigated, and which pages drew your interest. This helps us understand where our messaging is being effective, and where it isn’t. This is useful for us to improve how we engage with you.
• Contact information that you provide voluntarily to use through our several contact forms across multiple pages. This generally includes your name, your email address, your company, your phone number (if provided) and any messages you provided to us. This information is provided by you to us, for the explicit purpose of starting a line of communication regarding our services. • Connection data, such as the IP address and web browser used to access the website. This helps us understand the locations where we are being viewed from, such as which countries are visiting most often. We also use this information to detect and prevent malicious activity, such as denial-of-service attacks and attempts to deface web pages.
• Any other information you voluntarily provide, through your submission of a contact form, or by emailing, calling or mailing our phone numbers, contact emails and addresses provided on this website, or at our other web presences.
We understand that even the limited information you provide is still your information. That’s why we take appropriate and reasonable measures to prevent loss or misuse of your data. We have taken steps to protect this website, the forms we use, the systems that receive your submitted data, and our communications platforms we use to talk with you. These steps include industry standard controls that reasonably prevent unauthorized access to your data. We limit access to your information to only those personnel in our company, or contracted by our company, who have an explicit need to know and manipulate your data.
This website uses encryption, noted by the “https://” you see in the URL bar of your browser. The forms you use to submit information are also encrypted, and they transmit your information to our systems using encryption. The storage we use to hold your data is encrypted. The email and phone systems we use to communicate with you generally use encryption while transmitting information. However, your emails to us may not be encrypted, depending on your email provider.
Other systems we use that your may engage with as a prospect, subscriber or partner of ours generally utilize encryption and other strong security controls in line with our information security program.
It really is your information. We don’t sell it. We don’t share it outside of our company, contractors or trusted partners. We don’t do anything that sneakily complies with these statements, like offer it for “rent” rather than for “sale”. We keep your data contained to the people who can reasonably use it to help develop and maintain a relationship with you.
We will share your information with our personnel, sub-contractors and in some cases, a trusted partner affiliated with our company. This sharing occurs to facilitate and manage our relationship with you. Examples of this include activities such as sharing your contact information with our sales or support teams, and sharing your IP address and activity on the website with our website traffic analyst.
The above said, we may share or otherwise disclose your information for purposes other than those listed above when we are required to do so by law. We may share your information when required as part of any legal proceedings, or legitimate law enforcement activity, or the prospect of legal action. We would only do this for the purposes of establishing, protecting, exercising or defending our rights, or complying with the laws of the United States of America, and any of the jurisdictions within the United States in which we operate.
Web Analytics and Cookies
We use software tools that integrate with our website to analyze the web traffic our website receives. This analysis takes advantage of cookies, which provide some tracking of your movement here. This helps us improve our messaging and your experience on our website.
We do not allow third party advertisers to advertise on our website. None of the content of our site is intended to advertise anything other than the legitimate products and services offered by Sentinel Blue or our trusted partners.
Third Party Sites and Links
While navigating our website, you may see or follow a link that takes you to a third party website that is not a Sentinel Blue controlled website. This includes our social media profiles, new articles, or other articles we believe relevant and helpful to our audience. We can’t reasonably assure you of the data handling and security of any third-party websites, but we encourage you to review their unique privacy policies.
Information Collection Opt-Out
If you aren’t comfortable with any of the above, please email us at [email protected].
If you want to opt-out from any communications from us, or want us to delete the data we may have related to you, please email us at [email protected].
Enhancing Your Privacy
We recommend the following resources for individuals who want to improve their privacy as they browse the internet:
• Use encryption everywhere. Use messaging apps like Signal. Make sure you see “https://” in websites you use.
• Use a search engine like DuckDuckGo that doesn’t track your search history.
• Use browser plugins like HTTPS Everywhere, DisconnectMe and Ghostery in your web browser.
• Frequent privacy-focused communities such as the Privacy subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Privacy
We may update this policy from time to time. The official policy is the policy posted here. Any changes to the policy are posted here. The version of the policy currently posted was updated on March 10th, 2022.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please email us at [email protected].